FP McCann T Walls
T wall units are an ideal product where speed of installation is necessary. They offer a fast, cost-effective solution to constructing retaining and containing developments. Standard sizes range from 2m high up to 4m high, with a width of 1m for all unit sizes.
- Large range of sizes available
- Quick and easy installation
- Create storage bays without imposing a load to the building frame
- Can retain material on both sides
- Retain material up to 18KN/m3
The foundation requirements should be determined by a qualified engineer. Units placed on a concrete foundation should be bedded on mortar and wedged to attain correct alignment. Where it is necessary to anchor the unit to the foundation see the ‘Stability’ section.
Anchors comprise of 4no. H.20 high yield deformed bars with nominal penetration of 150mm both into the foundation and the unit, used with two part resin mortar (as for retaining walls) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Position the T-Walls onto the concrete foundation and align using a cement mortar bed and shims as required.
- With the 30mm diameter holes in the unit base as a guide, drill into the foundation to the required depth using a 28mm diameter rotary percussive drill to give rough sided holes (do not use a diamond drill which leaves a smooth sided hole).
- Pour sufficient mixed resin into the hole first then insert the H.20 bar to the full depth so that the resin covers and encapsulates the bar.