Storm Attenuation Systems
The production of water impermeable surfaces in Construction is inevitable. This includes roof areas on buildings, car parks, loading bays and road pavements. The provision of these surfaces interrupts the natural drainage process creating increased stormwater runoff in respect of both volume and flowrate.
In many cases this increase in stormwater flow and volume is not a problem as the local sewer or watercourse has sufficient capacity to cope. However in many situations the local network is running full and the local watercourse would be adversely effected by any increase in flow or volume.
These problems could be alleviated by an increase in the size of the stormwater sewer or watercourse, thus providing enough capacity within the drainage system to cope with the increase in surface water. This however may be expensive, cause major infrastructure disruption and may be completely unfeasible.
The type of systems which can be employed to overcome these problems are well documented varied and in some cases very technical in their operation, maintenance and construction. The selection of a system will depend upon site constraints, position, nature of the problem and inevitably cost.
The Easi-Storm system offers a complete solution to the stormwater attenuation problem and utilises a tried, tested and accepted method of stormwater storage. FP McCann can provide the complete package of design, product specification, supply of products and inevitably cost.
The Easi-Storm system offers a complete solution to the stormwater attenuation problem and utilises a tried, tested and accepted method of stormwater storage. FP McCann can provide the complete package of design, product specification, supply of products and advice with installation.
- Available in a range of diameters up to 2400mm
- A complete solution with all connections.
- Established product
- Can be laid in short lengths.
- The system can be adapted to load-bearing and non loadbearing applications.
- 120 year design life.
- Adoptable by water companies.
- ISO 9001:2000 quality assured.
- Available from stock.
- System can be designed specifically to suit the application
- Speedy construction using a standard joint
- No need for fabrication on site or external specialist contractors
- Striaght forward installation using known techniques - no need to retrain
- Can be installed under roads and car parks
- Can cope with construction plant loading
- Flotation is not a concern - no need for geotechnical anchors when located below the water table
- Long term solution
The design of the system can be tailored to suit most structural and hydraulic criteria.
The inherent structural strength of the concrete pipe is well documented and can be designed to meet the severest of loading criteria. Easi-Storm can also be tailored to suit low load situations when the tank is to be situated below verges or gardens.
- Take a horizontal line from the storage volume required.
- Take a vertical line from the pipe length allowed.
- At the intersection read off the pipe required.